Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Facebook Memology

Facebook has released a list of the 15 most popular categories that users talked about in their statuses in 2009. According to Facebook, "memology" refers to the study of how "memes," or new ideas and trends, are spreading on Facebook.

The categories were:
1. Facebook Applications (such as Farmtown, Social Living, etc)
2. FML (Failing My Life, or *Expletive* My Life)
3. Swine Flu
4. Celebrity Deaths (Michael Jackson, Patrick Swayze, see 2009 Pop Culture in a Nutshell)
5. Family
6. Movies
7. Sports
8. Health Care
9. FB (Facebook)
10. Twitter
11. Years
12. Lady Gaga
13. Yard
14. Religion
15. I

As a very active Facebook user, I can say I've talked about movies, Facebook, Lady Gaga, and religion quite a bit in my statuses. Can't forget category #15 either: myself.

To read more about how Facebook came up with these results, check out this link: http://blog.facebook.com/blog.php?post=215076352130

-Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment