Wednesday, December 30, 2009

John Mayer: My Least Favorite Person in the Music Biz

Some people love John Mayer. Jennifer Aniston, anyone?

I am not one of those people. I don't care how many singles he's had or how many awards he's won. In my opinion, he lacks musical talent. When "Say What You Need To Say" came on the radio, I turned it off every single time. I would much rather listen to silence than the same line being repeated over and over again. He says it at least 36 times! One line repeated over and over again does not constitute a song!

Recently, he has released a new album, Battle Studies. I saw him on Vh1 talking about it. He was talking about the paparazzi and how it doesn't matter what they write because his writing was better and would last longer than theirs. *Insert my skeptical face here* Then they started playing his new single, Who Says. I literally said, "Who says we wanted to be forced to listen to the mess you call music?" and changed the channel!

The very first line of "Who Says" is "Who says I can't get stoned?" How...thought-provoking and profound. He told Rolling Stone, "When I sing it, I do not think about marijuana — I think about walking around your house naked with a guitar. It's about being in control of the pleasure in your life." All I can say about that quote is: O_O

Don't even get me started on his tweets from his Twitter account.

If you haven't heard his latest single, please go on Youtube or his website, wherever, to hear it. Then, to prevent permanent scarring, cut off your ears and bleach your eyes.

-Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment